January 28th 2013 11:32 pm
So while I am still enjoying the new expansion, Blizzard is set to release a major new patch for WoW, though no date has been set. Enter the Return of the Thunder King, or simply, Patch 5.2.0. Based on past patch experience, I am going to guess this patch will be at least 700mb in size, but that’s just me. Leave your guess in the comments!
Ok so this patch looks like a HUGE bundle of updates, and interestingly, that the ilvl for Throne of Thunder to be at ~500, and progressing towards an ilvl of 520 by the time the raid reaches Lei Shen. Cool! I really do enjoy how Blizzard is focused on the details of the game to make it as enjoyable as possible for everyone, trying to keep a balance between the hardcore and casual players.
Other improvements and changes are coming, there is quite a large list of the changes posted here, but one sentiment rings true to me… What pace should Blizzard release content. We are about 4 months or so into the expansion, with a MAJOR patch on the horizon, adding new content and many game changes. In the past (and understandably so), players would complain about the lack of content updates for WoW (again, understandable after the Cata stagnation.) Now it seems as though Blizzard could be pushing content out too fast. What are your thoughts?
Here are some highlights of the new patch, in my words:
- New Dailies: Isle of Thunder
- New Raid: Throne of Thunder
- Legendary Quest: Continues with Wrathion
- New World Bosses: Nalak, The Storm Lord; and Oondasta, the devilsaur boss
- Farming: New Sunsong Ranch additions, allowing you to “Buy the Farm”
- Monk: Path of Blossoms and Deadly Reach have been removed
- Mage: Improved Counterspell – Removed
- Rogue: Versatility – Removed
- Warlock: Imp Ability “Blood Pact” - Removed
- Heroic Panda Dungeons: 100 Justice Points per boss
- PvP: Besides UI improvements, PvP Power is now split between main hand and off-hand weapons, like dual wielding for melee.
- Transmogrification: Two-handed axes, maces, and swords can be Transmogrified to each other, along with One-handed axes, maces, and swords, and also Staves and polearms can be transmogrified to each other.
There are many more updates as well, including many UI improvements for the Raid Finder / Conquest Finder, Battlegrounds finder etc. Overall this looks like it will be an amazing patch, but I do wonder about its timing… Although to be fair it has not been released yet, and I cannot find any estimated release date anywhere (no surprise.)
I think it would be a good idea for Blizzard to consider delaying the release of this patch as long as possible, to be timed when players start getting bored with the existing content and start to stray away. Just my two cents, either way I will still be playing!
No Comments yet »